Current Open Hours
Open by appointment
People living in the same household can book a one-hour program at the museum.
Bring the family for a customized 1890's school lesson taught by our school marm, explore our gallery, make a craft to take home, or test your skills with a good old fashioned spelling bee!
How it works:
1. Appointments are only available for one household at a time.
2. Contact us by telephone or email to book your appointment. There will only be two times available per day. Choose morning or afternoon, Tuesday to Saturday.
3. We’ll do all the planning and will create a customized experience based on the number of people in your household group and their ages.
4. For the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers, masks must be worn inside the museum.
5. The program, customized for your family, is free but donations are greatly appreciated. We suggest $5/person.
We can’t wait to help you travel back in time to 1899 !
At the Museum
August 1 - "Crafty Saturdays" - Instead of in-person crafting events, we have gone on-line for our Saturday crafts this year. Click on the "Resources" tab to learn about historic crafts that can be made at home. This week we show you how to make Folded Picture Frames.
All summer - Enjoy a private visit to the museum including a school lesson designed just for you. Pre-book your single household visit now.
Are you interested in becoming a member? - See the "Support & Donate" page for more details including a membership form.
Volunteers wanted - Do you have some free time to offer? Please visit the Support & Donate page of this website for opportunities.