The Frontenac County Schools Museum is currently seeking a part-time Curator, pending funding. The Curator will have the responsibility for planning, organizing and overseeing the activities and personnel of the museum.
- Exhibition development, collections development and maintenance and programming
- Undertaking research relevant to the museum's collection, and responding to public information requests
- Building the museum's public profile within the regional community, specifically with the educational institutions to increase programming
- Seeking out and applying for grants applicable to the museum
The successful candidate will possess:
- Curatorial and collections' research experience, preferably in a museum environment or an equivalent in education and experience
- Completion of a recognized museum studies program
- Familiarity with the Past Perfect cataloguing software
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers and to oversee summer staff.
Please submit via email a cover letter, resume and three references with contact information (PDF or Word DOC format only) by 5:00 pm on 28 November 2018 to
Frontenac County Schools Museum
Att: Gord Sly, President
P.O. Box 2146
Kingston, Ontario, K7L 5J9
We thank all applicants for their interest and consideration. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.